Grandview Cemetery, Fort Collins
About Grandview Cemetery, Fort Collins
The land for the cemetery was purchased in 1887; at the time it was west of the city limits of Fort Collins. Mountain Home Cemetery had been used prior to this, but it was closer to town, and with the population of Fort Collins rapidly expanding it was deemed necessary to find another location farther from town. The remains buried at Mountain Home were gradually transferred to Grandview beginning in late 1887 or early 1888 and by the 1920s the site of the former cemetery at Mountain Home had been converted to a playground.
The first interment at Grandview took place on November 21, 1887, when a three-month-old infant named Felix Scoville was buried there.
As of 2009 Grandview consisted of approximately 45 acres (180,000 m2) development, 34,000 grave spaces, 70 crypts, 336 niches, and over 22,000 burials.
524 W. 66th St, Loveland, CO 80538