Rock Springs Municipal Cemetery, Rock Springs
About Rock Springs Municipal Cemetery, Rock Springs
The Rock Springs Cemetery is more than 100 years old and has been an important city function since the city was founded in 1889. It meant so much to the people of Rock Springs, that in 1924 they worked as volunteers for months moving all the unregistered graves to the cemetery.
In the 1980s the cemetery was completely surveyed and re-landscaped. This great effort to beautify the cemetery began ongoing city maintenance, and improvement. Security lighting was installed to prevent vandalism and improve safety for those who visit after dark. A tertiary effluent water irrigation system was built in all but the old Paul Wataha section to help conserve water while maintaining a lush green landscape in the middle of its desert surroundings.
2422 Seymour Ave, Cheyenne, WY, 82001