Sacred Heart of Mary Cemetery, Boulder
About Sacred Heart of Mary Cemetery, Boulder
The Sacred Heart of Mary Cemetery spans two and a half acres north of the church. The oldest readable stone is dated 1874. Sacred Heart of Mary Church first started recording burials in 1882. There is an eight year time span between early dates so one must assume the burials without headstones. There is no way of knowing where these people are buried.
The cemetery was a field with prarie grasses until the nuns of Walburga came in 1935 and were asked to care for the grounds. Twenty-seven Blessed Virgin Mary nuns from Mt. St. Gertrude Academy are buried in a special area near the church.
Before 1998, when Father Andrew Kemberling was assigned to the parish, there was no available record of plotting. Father Andrew hired a surveyor to locate all of the existing and future gravesites.
524 W. 66th St, Loveland, CO 80538